US Health Leader
- New York, NY
The Health Business Leader in the US is accountable for achieving Mercer's double digit revenue growth ambition. To do this, the leader creates and owns our strategic Health plan spanning from jumbo to small segments of the US Health market. The leader will strengthen our brand position as the pre-eminent thought leader inhealth and grow our share of the advisory and enterprise market segments, such that we are a major player at all levels. The leader will transform service delivery to meet customer expectations in a digital world. The leader will create an agile organization that can pivot the business as US Healthcare options and requirements change.
- Point of View: This leader must be able to develop and communicate a clear, agile vision for an uncertain future.
- Boldly Shaping our Future:To make that vision reality, he or she must influence and lead through others. Be able to evaluate market opportunities, see around corners and place smart bets.
- Delivering:Profitable growth beyond commitments througha large P&L with diverse revenue streams and profit/delivery models. Creates relevant value propositions at jumbo, mid and small segments. Mobilizes people to deliver.
- Enabling People: Empathy for clients and the challenges issues around workforce/health management issues. Sets a positive, ambitious tone at all levels of the Health organization, Across Mercer and MMC. Acts as a talent multiplier: who inspires people to do great things.
The leader serves as a member of both the North America Executive Leadership Team and Global Health Leadership team.
Position Scope: Revenue of $1B+ /20% margin with aspirations of $1.5B+. 2,500 colleagues in 50+ locations. Some delivery supported by Mercer's global service organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads the business to ensure it delivers on its revenue and NOI targets
- Defines and implements long-term business strategy, direction and focus through partnerships, M&A, and innovation
- Ensures that the business operates as efficiently and effectively as possible: Development of specialty capabilities; best in front, workforce management/resource leverage and pricing
- Identifies the need for change within the business and drives business transformation
- Part of the North America Executive Leadership Team, ("NAET"), which executes the "One- Firm" global solutions by bridging our business lines and geographies. Works with the NAET to maximize opportunities for cross geography and LOB collaboration. Contributes to the development of global Health strategy.
- Visible in the market as a thought leader and client sponsor
- Responsible for branding and positioning Health in the US from a competitive context
- Responsible for identification and development of future leaders in the organization
- Responsible for talent acquisition, development and retention to ensure Health has the right workforce to deliver on its strategy
- Experience running at least $500M revenue P&L
- Success driving revenue growth/expanding share in key markets
- Proven experience in managing, designing and executing all elements of a strategy into business actions that drive profitability
- Success identifying, acquiring, innovating, and driving business opportunities in emerging Health markets
- Experience driving M&A
- Strategic analytical abilities and strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to retain and grow revenue through large and complex initiatives
- Team player who has experience of building effective relationships at all levels.
- Effective communicator with superior face-to-face presentation experience
- Proven track record of influencing others within an organization both vertically and horizontally and with external organizations
- Success leading transformative change efforts in a matrixed organization
- 15+ years' experience in a professional services environment
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh , Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman , Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Back to top