Underwriting Manager - Marsh
100% onsite in Kalispell, MT
PositionSummary: Proactivelysuperviseandcoachcolleaguestoachieveunderwriting and customer service KPIs. Manage day-to-day activities and align capacity with incoming underwriting and customer service work. Liaison with agents and WYOs regarding flood processing needs. Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business to deliver operational excellence.
- Proactively manage team and colleague performance and attendance to achieve quality, compliance and production standards.
- Manage resource planning activities within the team including recruitment and induction of new staff.
- Provide feedback and counseling to the team for purposes of development and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to workforce planning initiatives in the operations team.
- Conduct performance reviews and manage ongoing personal development, competency and performance of team members.
- Engage team in continuous improvement initiatives and drive ownership of outcomes to improve the client experience.
- Interface directly with key clients to resolve service issues and act as the first point of escalation for customer service and underwriting issues.
- Takeownershipofpersonaldevelopmentandbehaviors,proactivelyimprovingknowledgeand skills.
- Ensure Operations team meets Service Level Agreements (SLA), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and business objectives.
- Overseedaytodayoperationalactivityoftheteam,managingandprioritizingownandteamsworkload tomaintainservicestandardsandhighqualityoutcomes
- Measure, analyze and report on team productivity, performance and attendance.
- Monitor workflow within the team and redistribute work accordingly to ensure Torrent and FEMA processing expectations are met.
- Monitor staff activity and conduct regular one-on-one and team meetings to ensure staff adhere to assigned schedules and meet or exceed performance and productivity expectations.
- Manage the quality delivery of team and individual performance day to day.
- Analyze quality trends and coach the team and individuals based on quality and compliance ratings.
- Contribute to the development of training programs to improve overall organizational quality.
- Ensureemergingrisksareidentified,assessedandreportedinlinewithbusinessproceduresand operationalcontrolsareworkingtoaneffectivestandardandmonitored
- Education: Relevantcollege/universitydegree preferred, High School diploma required.
- Experience: Atleast5yearstotalworkexperience in Flood customer service and underwriting.
- Excellentinterpersonalskills-abletolead and workwithinateam
- ProficientinMicrosoftOfficetools(orequivalent)-Outlook,Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- ANFI Certification
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top