Underwriting Assistant - Victor O. Schinnerer & Company
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company is seeking an Underwriting Assistant in our Property & Casualty lines of business. The Underwriting Assistant will assist in producing a designated volume of business, and help maintain and develop new business. With supervision will provide ratings and quotes for new and renewal business. The UA will also service an existing book of business.
- Processes endorsement requests, cancellations and reinstatements, generates invoices and handles accounting issues, processes claims.
- Rates and provides quotes as directed by Underwriting Manager.
- Researches and resolves accounting discrepancies.
- Takes independent action, following corporate guidelines and MGA instruction, in the negotiation and agreements of accounts.
- Resolves backlog and/or processing issues for program companies and within corporate structure.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with principles and key production and/ or marketing personnel in agencies and with underwriters with whom we have contracts.
- At management's direction, perform other duties that are not specifically set forth but inherent to the wholesale brokerage business.
- Minimum of three years of insurance related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations
- Strong analytical and judgment skills; excellent problem solving ability
- Computer savvy. MS Office with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Strong team collaboration mentality required
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company (http://www.schinnerer.com/), a subsidiary of Marsh, is the world's oldest and largest underwriting manager of professional liability, specialty insurance, and risk management programs. Our expertise lies in evaluating risks, implementing program marketing, developing and executing risk management activities, and servicing accounts on behalf of our insurance company partners. We then distribute these products through our distribution network of licensed brokers.
Back to top