Underwriter, Property & Casualty (Remote Option) - Victor O. Schinnerer & Company
Underwriter, Property & Casualty - Underwriter in our Property & Casualty
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company (http://www.schinnerer.com/), a subsidiary of Marsh, is the world's oldest and largest underwriting manager of professional liability, specialty insurance, and risk management programs. Our expertise lies in evaluating risks, implementing program marketing, developing and executing risk management activities, and servicing accounts on behalf of our insurance company partners. We then distribute these products through our distribution network of licensed brokers.
We are seeking an Underwriter in our Property & Casualty lines of business.
Responsible for the renewal of existing business and the generation of new accounts. Determines terms and conditions for coverage and rates for program profitability. Provides reports on the underwriting results to senior management. Build relationships with the broker distribution force. Negotiate quotation and ensures policies are issued as bound. Demonstrates aptitude for proactive management of all aspects of the role.
- Reviews and analyzes submissions for coverages in Commercial Auto/ GL / XS and Inland Marine
- Identifies and obtains additional information required for proper analysis of risk including cross referencing with other departments
- Corresponds with other insurance professionals to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies
- Assesses exposure and determines rates, terms and conditions of coverage in accordance with guidelines and uses judgment underwriting to evaluate a risk
- Negotiates terms and conditions with brokers
- Determines whether to accept, modify, or decline risks
- Develops or modifies policy wording when standard text is not appropriate
- Develops relationships with brokers and drives new business submission flow
- Presents well during technical discussions, social interactions and relationship management
- Delivers best-in-class service with attention to detail in a high volume flow environment
- Provides advice and expertise to other underwriters on underwriting issues
- Assists in special projects in alignment with strategic business plans
- Minimum of three years of insurance underwriting related experience.
- College degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations
- Strong analytical and judgment skills; excellent problem solving ability
- Property & Casualty license
- Working towards related insurance certification (ie. CPCU, RPLU)
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company, Inc. is one of the largest and most experienced underwriting managers of specialty insurance programs in the world. Schinnerer now serves more than 46,000 insureds in various specialty industries through independent insurance agents and brokers.. As a global leader in insurance brokering and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Back to top