Underwriter - Consulting, Trion Group, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC.
The primary role of the Underwriter is to work with the Account Teams on assigned cases, providing financial analysis and utilizing modeling tools to evaluate benefit programs and their impact on overall business objectives, including the management and control of client risks and losses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Perform underwriting, financial, and risk analysis support for internal sales teams and their respective consulting clients;
- Prepare plan design and financial analysis for existing and prospective customers by utilizing modeling tools and various reporting techniques;
- Responsible for clients' benefits marketing process, such as: data acquisition, request for proposal (RFP) preparation, vendor question resolution, proposal review and analysis, and client exhibit and presentation preparation;
- Perform the analysis and negotiation of rates and plan options with insurers on behalf of clients to secure optimal, cost-competitive benefit plans;
- Validate renewals and proposals for accuracy;
- Provide the definition of clients' employee contribution modeling and strategies;
- Assist with the evaluation, determination and recommendation of alternative coverage, pricing options, and plan design changes based on economic analysis of available plan elements related to client goals;
- Perform various reporting for plan change evaluations, budget and reserve calculations, and other on-going reviews;
- Participate in prospective client data analysis and presentations;
- Participate in special underwriting projects as needed;
- Maintain quality service standards and organization to assure timely service to Trion team;
- Research and remain abreast of the dynamic, competitive insurance environment, new and complex insurance projects, appropriate underwriting techniques and constantly changing legislation that governs business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Insurance, Actuary, Mathematics and/or other related field is required;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the Benefits Brokerage, Consulting, or Insurance industry is preferred;
- Intermediate working knowledge of MS Excel is required (i.e. ability to perform pivot tables and intermediate formulas);
- Effective analytical, math and problem solving skills, sound judgment, strong decision making ability, confidence to make difficult decisions and excellent communication skills;
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to translate big picture ideas into client objectives.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top