We are seeking a Senior UI/UX developer to design and build new solutions and platforms across a variety of business functions. The ideal candidate will have a strong hands-on development track record with the ability to take part and contribute to various stages of the delivery and software development process including analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, improving scalability and performance.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and stakeholders to evaluate and understand business concepts and processes.
- Translate business concepts and processes into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to ensure and intuitive user experience.
- Design, test, and implement UI elements that service both user and overall business goals.
- Design UI mockups and prototypes along with strong graphic elements.
- Participate in large-group, coordinated planning sessions, provides effort estimates and timeline commitments. Refine and groom the product backlog and user stories.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, images, etc.
- Work with other developers to ensure teams are meeting the objectives of the business while adhering to technical and architectural standards and practices.
- Collaborate with Technical Architects and others to design and implement integrated enterprise solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of current technologies, research emerging technologies and industry trends, and make recommendations on implementation.
- Deliver high quality assignments on time, within budget
To be considered for this career opportunity, we require the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 7 years of professional information technology experience.
- 5+ years experience doing UI/Front-end development.
- Experience with multiple client-side frameworks and libraries such as Backbone.js, Marionette.js, Ember.js, Angular.js, React, Handlebars, jQuery, Jasmine and so on.
- Mastery of cross-browser, cross-platform markup, layout and responsive design techniques.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies
- Ideally experience with reinsurance
- Ideally exposure to at least one of the major Catastrophe modelling systems from RMS, AIR or CoreLogic, although not essential
- General understanding of Insurance principles and concepts
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity
Back to top