Temporary Open Enrollment Specialist
Provide education to employees about employer sponsored benefit programs by conducting open enrollment presentations, webcasts, Q&A sessions and recorded training sessions for MMA clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with internal teams within MMA Walnut Creek and San Francisco Employee Health & Benefits division to prepare for, and conduct benefit open enrollment meetings.
- Continuously maintain subject matter expertise in all lines of employer sponsored healthcare benefits and adapt presentation style to different employer groups and meetings sizes.
- Act as Zoom super user for open enrollment meetings conducted on line.
- Record presentations for remote employees and new hires (utilizing Brainshark tool).
- Assist with coordination and preparation of open enrollment materials in cooperation with internal teams.
- Maintain a complicated open enrollment calendar and schedule.
- Coordinate with carrier representatives for open enrollment meetings.
- Provide feedback to teams on open enrollment activities and client requests that were expressed during open enrollment meetings.
- Travel locally and out of town as needed for open enrollment meetings.
- Attend internal meetings upon request.
- Prepare files and other records needed for MMA.
- Keep abreast of the marketplace.
- Maintain the professional standards established by MMA when working with clients.
- Share information with others to create a good network of information to improve open enrollment processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions. A successful candidate must be a self-starter, able to work independently and be highly organized. This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Open Enrollment Specialist must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
- Requires a college degree and/or a minimum of 2-3 years public speaking/ training experience - Employee Health & Benefits background preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to conduct oral presentations.
- Above average analyzing, problem solving and planning techniques are essential.
- Dependability and excellent team player qualities.
- Maintain a valid, unrestricted state of California Life & Disability License.
- Ability to utilize computer and database equipment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven ability to effectively conduct presentations.
- Must be flexible and have good organization skills.
- Must have follow-through and follow-up skills.
- Maintain a valid California driver's license and have reliable transportation.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment; telephone, copier, personal computer.
- Ability to sit in a stationary position for extended periods in the office and driving to client meetings.
- Longevity in speaking, standing or sitting to deliver presentations is required.
- Estimated at ~20 hours per week, with the potential for extended work hours (10 - 12 hrs/day) required on occasion.
- Daily travel is required, usually consisting of client site visits throughout Bay Area.
Back to top