The purpose of this position is to execute the vision for and oversee performance of the Association and Voluntary Benefits Sales team in collaboration with the department leader.
- Responsible for achieving department revenue goals by coaching insurance sales agents to increase sales results.
- Oversees the day-to-day management operation which includes ensuring adequate staffing with properly trained personnel, accountability for quality and quantity of work, and guiding and advising subordinates in the more complex phases of their work.
- Oversees and directs manager recommendations regarding employment, employee performance, promotions, salary recommendations, transfers and terminations.
- Conducts performance appraisals, fosters employee development, interviews as appropriate, and serves as a role model for the operation.
- Ensures compliance with departmental performance management process, including progressive disciplinary action if necessary.
- Defines and develops the business' strategies and objectives along with the business leader.
- Works closely with management to foster effective working relationships and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Interacts regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company's telesales priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Works across the organization to understand, influence and implement strategies that support new revenue production.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of client environment and has the ability to obtain group consensus with follow up implementation through staff.
- Collaborate and provide direction to managers to enhance technology and sales execution to include analyzing, proposing, testing, implementing, training, maintaining and monitoring in order to continuously improve sales results.
- Interfaces with colleagues at all levels within the organization, external customers, and carriers to ensure maximum sales efficiency, problem resolution, and regulatory guidelines are met.
- Exercises the expense control, and maximizes revenue in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Identify problems or issues in processes and implements solutions bringing bottom line results.
- College Degree preferred
- 2-5 years sales experience, insurance experience a plus
- Proven leadership experience required, with a focus on goal setting and coaching
- Ability to drive to results by making decisions in a proactive, timely way and establishing priorities with clear goals and responsibilities to achieve results.
- Ability to independently formulate solutions and employs and examines all resources available to implement solutions.
- Ability to lead change by effectively building commitment and winning support for initiatives.
- Proven negotiation skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively develop and leverage key relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to gain the confidence, respect and trust of senior executives, clients and staff
- Ability to conceptualize a project and create a vision.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and follow-through on projects to completion.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and strong problem solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate internally as well as externally with remote locations, external partners, clients, and vendors.
- Proven project and time management skills; must be resourceful in developing alternative solutions and meeting deadlines in a real time, fast paced environment.
- Must demonstrate strong active listening and follow-up skills, planning, prioritizing, organization, analytical and customer/employee relations skills in the performance of all essential job functions.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and demonstrate a comfort dealing with high level executives.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lead by example; personal service orientation, attendance, and availability in the department are critical.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Actuarial Associate, Mercer
Jolina manages projects for Mercer’s pension plan clients—preparing instructions for teammates, reviewing deliverables, and answering questions throughout the process.
Back to top