Technology Industry Go to Market Leader (North America)
Do you have experience with Human Capital Consulting to clients in the technology vertical? Would you like to relocate to Dallas to use your experience in a new market? if so, this may be the role for you.
The Technology Industry Go to Market Leader will work closely with the Tech IV Leader, Technology IV community, Multinational Client Group (MCG) Leaders and internal groups to drive the execution of thought leadership, client engagement and market events in line with the Tech Industry Roadmap, ensuring key activities are undertaken and the vertical milestones are met. S/he will act as the primary point of contact on the Technology Vertical initiatives in North America and will be involved from strategy through execution of these initiatives, with guidance from the Technology Vertical Leader. S/he will act as a point of contact (POC) for non-Tech clients who are interested in Tech industry insights. The purpose of the Technology Industry Vertical team is to elevate Mercer's brand in the Tech Industry, demonstrate industry expertise, identify Mercer solutions for the unique Tech industry challenges, and to drive Tech IV revenue growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Thought Leadership and Industry Brand Development
- Execute North America Go to Market Strategy for Tech Vertical and develop the 2019-20 North America priorities and initiatives to support our 5 pillars of growth
- Participate in the development of technology industry-specific research and frameworks, including DAPO industry segmentation and ITW framework to engage and advice clients on their people challenges and help identify the right Mercer capabilities to support these challenges
- Work with the marketing team to plan and execute marketing events for the Technology Industry sector (Round Tables, Webinars, Power Breakfasts, etc.)
Client Strategy and Business Development
- Participate in strategic client meetings to share recent industry trends and the latest Tech Industry Vertical research
- In partnership with experts across lines of business (Health, Wealth, and Career), create "Take it to Tech" go-to-market campaigns and/or deliverables to showcase solutions that resonate (or will resonate) with client needs in tech
- Provide industry expertise and assets to Tech Global Client Managers (GCMs) to support business development/RFP and client proposals
- Develop industry-related analyses focused on tech trends, companies, markets, solutions/products, etc.
Tech Industry Stakeholder & Community Engagement
- Support key markets in North America (to be decided) through direct engagement and partnership with office leaders and growth leadership teams
- Develop communication strategy for tech community stakeholders, and drive engagement with other verticals to maximize the leverage of Tech research and assets across Mercer
- Drive quarterly global Tech Community calls and provide oversight to Project Manager to develop content and engagement strategies with tech community
- Bachelor's degree; Master's Degree in Business Management or Behavioral Science desirable
- 10+ years of experience in consulting (management or human capital-related project delivery)
- Superior project and stakeholder management and communication skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to work lean
- Design thinking, understanding of technology and digital transformation beyond people processes
- Lateral influence is key; should have worked in an enabling role
- Industry experience Tech or supporting technology transformations desirable
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top