Technology Business Manager - Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team!
- Program management of a portfolio of strategic change initiatives; manages the regional delivery of global change and improvement initiatives that impact the way that DO delivers service.
- Defines and manages detailed regional project plans, including objectives, milestones, KPIs, risks and issues logs, financial impact tracking and reporting packs.
- Oversees the successful execution of program activities through resources allocated to the initiatives from within the deskside teams or DO practices. Accountable for ensuring all deliverables are met and teams are delivering to agreed deadlines.
- Completes analysis and identifies opportunities for improvements to the business model or management of the DO function, documenting and presenting a business case for change and assessing financial or resource impact as required.
- Engages with Regional DO leads as key stakeholders and collaborates closely with their management teams to ensure plans are aligned to business requirements and resource availability.
- Proactively manages the ongoing efficiencies program within region and tracks and reports on financial and headcount savings identified.
- Owns the regional roadmaps and ensures these are aligned to the global roadmap.
- Promotes achievements and tangible results of programs to senior management and stakeholders, using toolsets and forums such as the MGTI intranet site and internal Town Halls and newsletters.
- Oversight of the budget, forecast, financial and cost management processes at a regional level.
- Tracks resource usage/headcount deployment and maintains a pipeline view of resource plans.
- Oversees the succession planning requirements for key Distributed Operations roles across the region as well as regional talent acquisition plans.
- Owns and reports against the departmental balanced scorecard.
- Implements and develops a management framework and reporting rhythm to support the effective running of the department.
- Proactively meets with DO leadership to drive service and results.
- Participates in DO leadership meetings as required.
- Escalates strategic issues and requests through management.
- Maintains all operational processes and procedures in line with MGTI policies, ensuring that they meet business needs and that they take into account internal and external best practice guidelines.
- Conducts periodic reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, MGTI and operating company policies, and best practices within MGTI and IT industry standards.
- Oversees resource planning for projects within geographical remit, providing input to the Program Management function on MGTI project resource requests and costs.
- Liaises with regional technology managers and regional leads to review resource estimates and ensure sign-off for all resource deployment.
- Provides a consolidated view of project and program pipelines and resource demand within each of the regions including resource forecasting.
- Oversees the regional project pipeline and feeds into global resource planning
- Manages an internal governance mechanism to measure the department's adherence to operational guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Manages the department's Risk Management framework within geography.
- Ensures accurate record-keeping for all support activities and hardware and software asset management.
- Proactively builds relationships with key partners in MMC HR and finance, and similar functions within the operating companies to ensure effective collaboration.
- Engages proactively with key contacts from other service towers on operational support and change activities as appropriate.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top