Technology Business Manager
- New York, NY
Marsh & McLennan Companies is seeking candidates for the following position based in our New York City Headquarters office (located at 45th & 6th).
What can you expect?
As the Technology Business Manager, you'll need to have a global perspective when working closely with the regional leadership and their management teams to focus on coordinating and managing the service delivery capabilities of MMC's Global Technology Infrastructure's Deskside operations team. You'll deliver strategic planning encompassing budgeting, and ongoing development of operational governance and management frameworks for quality assurance, resource & talent management, communications to 200+ team members and development of business cases for new initiatives. The main focus of the role is to work with the regional leadership and their management teams, to implement the disciplines, and then own and operate the disciplines effectively to the Team's, mutually benefiting the operational and cost efficiencies across the MGTI Deskside Operations Department. Success in the first 100 days will include organization and collation of regional budgets, work with the finance team to identify errors & omissions, successful presentation of key initiatives for the team and providing analytics and insights to key metrics. The role reports to Head of North America Distributed Ops and will partner with a peer in our London office who oversees the international side of the function.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution.After six months, eligible for tuition reimbursement and our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- You'll be entitled to 22 days of vacation, 3 personal days, 1 day for community service, 9 company holidays (with early dismissal).
- The role will be based in our NYC headquarters but could offer flexible hours due to its global impact.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Proactively builds relationships with key partners (HR, Finance, regional management teams) to ensure effective collaboration.
- Implements a framework to ensure consistency in approach to the budgeting process and effective financial and cost management oversight at a regional level.
- Implements and develops a management framework and reporting rhythm to support the effective running of the department.
- Maintains all MGTI Distributed Operations operational processes and procedures in line with MGTI policies, ensuring that they meet business needs and that they take into account internal and external best practice guidelines. Owns and manages process improvement plans for the department, liaising on a global level to leverage the benefit of improvements.
- Maintains and tracks resource (headcount) activities and plans, succession planning for key roles in region, departmental scorecard reporting and coordinates internal communications for department.
- Manages field support operations through internal team members and external vendor support groups within assigned geographic market and escalates strategic issues and requests through to Regional Head/s.
- Champions an environment that encourages innovation and collaboration. Drives change and improvement initiatives in a proactive and business-focused manner.
- Manages an internal governance mechanism to measure the department's adherence to operational guidelines, policies and procedures; periodic reviews to ensure compliance.
We would like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related discipline; OR a combination of work experience, education and training equivalent to a four-year college degree in a technology related discipline
- Excellent stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to identify and lead on process review and improvement activities
What makes you ideal for the role- but is not required :
- Management experience, excellent organizational & project management skills
- Related work experience in a service-orientated environment; including a process improvement role.
- Big picture thinking coupled with good attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL® and CMMI frameworks and process improvement methodologies
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $15billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Back to top