Technical Analyst - Benefits Administration, Trion Group, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC.
The Technical Analyst is responsible for the technical tasks and deliverables in regards to clients' benefit plan implementations, open enrollments, ongoing administration, and special projects. This includes working collaboratively with clients, carriers, and internal departments to develop technical and functional specifications, create and execute comprehensive test plans, and consult on system design, implementations, and business process flows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude, but are not limited, to the following:
- Utilize Trion's proprietary software and other software applications to perform system setup, analysis, maintenance, and enhancements as required by clients' needs and project plan specifications;
- Establish and cultivate relationships with clients, vendors, carriers and internal departments to ensure successful implementations, renewals and ongoing administration;
- Gather and document business requirements to develop technical and functional design specifications for new programs or modifications to existing programs per client requirements;
- Analyze technical requirements, test plans, training materials and procedure documents;
- Execute test plans and test case scenarios to ensure requirements are being met;
- Perform data manipulation, mapping, conversions, and validations utilizing internal systems, external files, Access, and Excel;
- Create and execute SQL and/or Access queries to determine proper data logic and file structures;
- Develop and generate client specific or ad-hoc reports and provide escalated support for specific files such as, but not limited to, carrier files, enrollment counts, payroll files, census files, and billing reports while verifying reports meet quality standards;
- Assist with Project Management tasks such as scope definition, project plans, issue management, and status updates;
- Actively participate in meetings to provide technical subject matter expertise for clients, carriers and other internal departments;
- Provide daily support of client partnerships by delivering prompt, thorough, and client-centric responses to customized and standard requests;
- Resolve complex and escalated issues as well as identifying higher level risk;
- Support client implementations, renewals, and other project initiatives as needed;
- Possess thorough understanding and provide knowledge sharing of client and carrier data structures for proper data integration;
- Assist with the development and documentation operational standards and best practices;
- Train members of the technical analyst team and other internal departments as needed;
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience is preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years of technical analytical work experience required (i.e. technical specification writing, test plan development, ad hoc report writing, data conversion, etc.);
- Working knowledge Microsoft Access and/or SQL is required;
- Client facing experience is highly preferred;
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodology (SDLC) is preferred;
- Experience within a health care, health and welfare consulting, insurance brokerage, human resources consulting, or employee benefits industry is highly preferred;
- Related exposure to Benefits Administration, COBRA, Spending Accounts, HRIS, and/or Payroll environments is a plus.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top