We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled technical professional to join our Catastrophe Operations team within our IT division. The primary focus of this role is to support hardware and associated software tools across Guy Carpenter's global CAT Modeling environments.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensure optimum performance, configuration & health across CAT Modeling environments is maintained at all times
- Work proactively with Guy Carpenter Analytics teams across multiple time zones
- Respond to out of hour's emergency support requests associated with any MMC critical response initiatives as required
- Build productive relationships with other Guy Carpenter & MMC teams (Business & IT) to enhance opportunities to improve workflow & process
- Engage external Vendor partners as required to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of their products
- Understand Guy Carpenter's key business drivers demonstrating a working knowledge and synergy with the cat modeling process
- Build a broad knowledge in using all licensed CAT tools to clearly understand the business challenges
- Adhere to published workflow, best practices & compliance procedures (MMC, Guy Carpenter, CAT Operations)
- Keep CAT Operations administrative software tools and systems updated at all times
- Work in conjunction with MMC IT (MGTI) ensuring we meet published standards. Includes completing any associated paperwork and administrative tasks
- Undertake & participate in peer review checks (paperwork) with other CAT Operations Technical Support members
- Ensure correct application of software licenses are in line with any published use restrictions
- Stay current with vendor product direction in order to ensure Guy Carpenter designs can be optimized accordingly.
- Plan & publish application installation & upgrade timing with key stakeholders.
- Communicate updates and outages of servers to business analysts
- Ensure adequate system testing is conducted internally and with vendors as require prior to business release. All pre production checklists to be followed
- Utilize Guy Carpenter knowledge base in all support initiatives prior to engagement of other teams (internal or external). Update Knowledgebase post resolution
- Coordinate application support with CAT Modeling vendors and Analytics teams as required.
- Address any automated server monitoring advices, MGTI tickets, in a timely fashion
- Assist in training initiatives in the use of our environments. Recognize trends to highlight and address common, repetitive problems
- Perform administrative tasks aligned to capacity management in conjunction with Guy Carpenter storage initiatives
- Understand and respond to Backup and Disaster Recovery processes
- Understand & contribute to the budget build process
- Contribute to in-house application development projects
- Follow the MMC "Greater Good" initiatives
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top