The Tax Counsel, reports to the Senior Tax Counsel, and provides leadership in strategizing, structuring and executing various Treasury-related activities, including cash repatriation and intercompany financing, provides guidance on hedging and finance transactions worldwide and with pooling, helps develop strategies to reduce Marsh & McLennan Companies' global effective tax rate and maximize cash flow opportunities, and provides documentation for company tax positions and assists the compliance team in reviewing the integration of transactions into the tax return.
- Partners with the Treasury department and provides leadership, and support in strategizing, structuring and executing Treasury related activities including repatriations, hedging, financings, and pooling, in a tax efficient manner while harmonizing existing worldwide tax planning
- Assist in the development of worldwide tax strategies to improve earnings and cash flow and to minimize tax liabilities
- Partner with various functions, communicating risks and opportunities in a clear and concise manner
- Undertake international and domestic corporate tax research as necessary and assist with the review of financial modeling
- Counsel senior tax department personnel on legal and technical issues as they arise
- Support the IRS audit with documentation as necessary
- Maintain currency on legislative and regulatory changes as they effect Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Work with outside advisors as necessary to accomplish the foregoing
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top