The Tax Consultant will apply basic tax and accounting concepts to prepare income tax provisions and federal and state tax compliance for the MMC Operating Companies. This includes working in tax systems and preparing analyses and workpapers to calculate book/tax differences including depreciation. The position also prepares state and local income tax returns including apportionment factors. The Tax Consultant must be able to work with minimal supervision by consistent exercise of tax and accounting knowledge, judgment, and discretion.
The Tax Consultant will prepare and review US federal and state income tax returns and provisions for the MMC Operating Companies. The Consultant will prepare analyses and workpapers that require tax knowledge and experience, direct and review the work of more junior staff, and champion the use of the software capabilities of the tax provision and compliance systems. The Consultant needs to establish and maintain partnerships with our Controller and business colleagues. The Consultant must also develop and maintain familiarity with Finance processes, systems, policies, cost allocations, and financial/tax profile of individual legal entities. In addition, the Consultant assists in preparing the quarterly tax provision, with a focus on State & Local, and will be asked to work on ad hoc special projects.
- Prepare U.S. federal and state income tax returns including developing state allocation apportionment factors
- Assist in quarterly and year-end income tax provisions including preparing work papers to calculate book/tax differences
- Prepare and maintain records for quarterly estimated tax payments
- Prepare and maintain records for federal and state tax depreciation including work papers and tax depreciation software
- Prepare correspondence with tax authorities related to notices and desk audits; assist controversy team in responding to information requests from auditors.
- Use online tax research tools as needed in preparing provisions and compliance
- Participate in tax process improvement projects or other special projects as needed
- Work on stretch assignments meant to challenge and develop new skills
- Demonstrate an eagerness to self-develop and explore new areas
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top