Strategy and Operations Planning Associate - Ops & Technology
- New York, NY
Marsh's Global Operations & Technology team has an exciting new opportunity to join the firm as the Global Strategy & Planning Associate. This is a tremendous long term career choice that will allow autonomy in vision and planning, partner with business leaders, country heads, and strategise on best practices for the global team.
If you are an organized, strategic planner with the ability to navigate ambiguity, work with limited supervision and come up with out-of the box ideas, then this is the role for your.
This team develops, analyzes, implements and oversees short-term and long-term strategic business processes and plans to increase operational efficiency, meet the organization's strategic vision and achieve financial goals. With a responsibility that spans 7 regions and multiple programs, it's vital the ideal candidate have experience looking across a global landscape to come up with both global and localized strategies.
- Develop presents and implements global, regional and functional business case recommendations and tactical/operational strategies based on analysis of global and industry trends, organization objectives and key stakeholders.
- Manages, and develops strategic partnerships with business functions, management, and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Identifies and analyzes organization strengths, weaknesses and business opportunities to advise management and optimize business strategies, across a global platform, leveraging analytics to better understand synergies across regions
- Conducts business deep dives and identifying optimization opportunities (hubbing, centralization, automation etc.) across a multi- regional and multi - LOB/ functional organization
- Monitors global industry trends, competitor actions, economic developments and regulatory environment to identify and plan for expected impact on business operations across the international platform.
- Works with managerial and professional staff to develop and carry out overall annual strategic plans, vision, and values.
- Manages multiple planning phases throughout the planning lifecycle.
- Works with others or independently in taking a proactive, consultative approach to commissioning and interpreting market research and delivering information to internal stakeholders.
- Reviews and recommends an appropriate planning governance structure, and informs planning stakeholders and team members.
- Communicates key findings and potential issues to various functions utilizing knowledge of insurance and analytical expertise to validate training programs to support the business strategies
- Provides high level analytical support and input to the Planning Manager on issues of difficult complexity.
- Oversees all aspects of complex projects, from start to finish, so that it is completed on schedule.
- Provides input to stakeholders for the purpose of establish objectives by utilizing internal systems, databases and research available.
- Provides input, research and analysis for new business opportunities and transactions.
- Prepares and presents to Senior Management.
Key skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree highly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the insurance broking value chain across multiple geographies;
- Strong preference for an individual with experience of working in a multi-national, globally matrixed insurance organization; Past experience working for a global broker is a strong preference
- Extensive experience working on global and multi-regional projects across multiple geographies and lines of business (LOB); proven ability to manipulate large data sets and identify key themes both globally and within regions
- Experience presenting / direct face-off with C-Suite Leadership
- Comfortable with ambiguity - proven ability to go deep into a particular area with limited background and move seamlessly from strategic to tactical etc. and needs to be able to quickly come up to speed
- A practical business solutions based mind-set that resolves critical global business issues and realizes opportunities
- Strong analytical skillset - past experience conducting business deep dives and identifying optimization opportunities (hubbing, centralization, automation etc.)
- Familiarity with the InsurTech space and the applicability of those innovations in a Marsh environment
- Proven ability to project manage multiple global projects on a stand-alone basis, managing multiple countries and timelines, driving results
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Back to top