Strategic Advisory Solutions Expert
Job Description Summary
Our focus is to assist clients to grow profitably. This position will work with brokers, clients and GC Analytics colleagues to deliver solutions across a variety of client needs including capital modeling, ERM, portfolio & reinsurance strategy, ratings and regulatory compliance, and growth strategies. We support a broad range of conversations with clients, and colleagues must be well versed across a variety of insurance products, market segments, and the day to day operations of P&C carriers. The position supports capital modeling, peer bench marking, and other analytical services as requested by clients. The position will support company-wide initiatives to modernize our tool suite, products and analytical skill set.
- Acts independently to propose actuarial services and GC capabilities to businesses based on their current and future needs to help them mitigate risk
- Works across a variety of platforms & data sets to modifies & builds models & value added tools for client deployment. Proposes more value added models to brokers and clients based on broker request & colleague's appraisal of client needs.
- Drives analytics team to deliver analyses on time and updates entire team on issues and progress to ensure no surprises. Mentors junior colleagues in actuarial specific and general business applications.
- Expands client services beyond reinsurance transactions to drive business development (e.g., capital modeling, growth analytics)
- Directs team to build specialty products & analyses to assess risk & opportunity on behalf of clients, develop engagement strategies across a range of client situations
- Proactively advises senior management & account executives on issues, progress, etc., regularly in order to ensure the advisory engagement process flows smoothly
- Communicates strategically with brokers, analytics colleagues, and clients to anticipate clients' needs and drive usage of advisory tools & services
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics
- 6+ years of insurance experience with a preference to reinsurance experience
- Completed 5+ actuarial exams
- Excellent verbal and writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and GC colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Good ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency etc.
- Excellent MS Excel skills and proficient in the other Microsoft office products
- Other computer skills are a plus including R, Python, and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client, reinsurer and internal relationships.
- Good project management and mentoring skills
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top