Strategic Account Executive, Business Insurance
- Greensboro, NC
MMA Mid-Atlantic - Greensboro, NC
Strategic Account Executive, Business Insurance (269-19)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
- Develops initial and on-going business/consultative relationships with clients, prospective clients, carriers and organizations.
- Serves as an advisor and consultant to clients in order to assess risks and provide innovative solutions to complex risk-related business issues.
- Handles and manages accounts effectively on an ongoing basis, performing essential functions such as completing applications, preparing submissions, negotiating coverage, pricing with markets and preparing proposals.
- Assists in the marketing, service and retention of larger, complex accounts with the goal of decreasing producer involvement allowing producers to focus on sales activity.
- Follows up regularly with producers as needed to discuss status of new business, upcoming renewals and renewals in process, and to determine appropriate action.
- Performs customer service and account management responsibilities, as needed, which may include resolving issues related to billing, making changes to policies, and responding to policy coverage related questions.
- Performs and monitors client profitability analysis; oversees development of coverage analysis and risk management recommendations.
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
- Must demonstrate a mastery of expertise in coverage, underwriting, rating and risk analysis.
- Possess expertise in industry operations and market to effectively manage, maintain and service clients with the ability to communicate to other team members and the division.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Minimum eight (8) years insurance experience in an insurance agency or brokerage environment and demonstrated advanced knowledge of Commercial Lines coverage and insurance markets.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with large account/risk management account level handling including loss sensitive programs, large property programs, etc.
- Travel to various office locations is required. Must have valid transportation.
Back to top