State and Local Tax Manager
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is seeking a highly motivated tax professional who has upward mobility for our state and local tax group. The SALT Analyst position will report to the Assistant Director of State & Local Taxes. MMC is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's nearly 65,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $14 billion, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms.
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly provision and related ASC740 documentation
- Assisting in the preparation, management, and handling SALT audit examinations
- Research and analysis of the application of federal corporate tax concepts to SALT
- Analysis of SALT current and developing issues as they impact the Company
- Planning, research and analysis related to SALT ETR reduction opportunities; and coordinating external advisors
- Preparation and filing of SALT returns; progressing to providing review as well as guidance to compliance staff
- Assist in the development of SALT tax return and provision documentation
- Research and participation in audit examinations of non-income taxes (gross receipts, sales & use, etc.)
- Advanced degree in Tax (i.e., Masters, Law or equivalent) is preferred
- 3 to 5-plus years of corporate Federal and state/local income multi-state experience, preferably with experience in handling SALT audits and provisions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Ability to build and sustain relationships, both internally and externally, with auditors, advisors and industry connections. Ability to work in a team setting or independently
- Some knowledge of and/or aptitude for understanding how to use current tax technologies including state e-filings
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top