Staff Accountant I
Under general supervision, provides accounting support requiring familiarity with and experience in accounting office practices as well as knowledge of a variety of accounting classifications. Duties may be performed in various groups within Controllership including, but not limited to, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Control, Fiduciary and General Ledger.
- May prepare journal entries, money moves, payments, billing, administrative system accounting reports and/or consolidated statements. Analyzes and maintains the general ledger accounts and/or client insured records.
- May prepare and analyze various accounting reports including variances to forecast, budget and prior year; may coordinate revenue and expense accruals; may ensure timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close; Performs variation and trend analysis for key general ledger accounts or reports; may apply funds to insured records; may process refunds to insured records; may request payments for carriers and third parties. Findings may be presented to senior management, partners, carriers or clients.
- Assists with the development, implementation and documentation of internal and external accounting and operating policies, procedures and process improvements for general accounting functions.
- Verifies work of and provides guidance to less experienced levels of accountants or offshore staff. Position may provide functional advice or training to less-experienced accountant positions. Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures, tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top