Sr. Software Developer
- Seattle, WA
As a Sr. Software Developer at Guy Carpenter, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of a high-performance, highly scalable .NET scientific simulation platform using leading agile development practices. This is a hands-on role that works both independently and collaboratively in a team environment. You must be delivery-focused and possess broad set of technology skills to take this complex modeling platform to the next level of usability, ease of use and user interaction sophistication.
- Develop in C# and .NET for Windows using Agile development methods and the latest Microsoft technologies.
- Work directly with actuaries, experts in reinsurance, and capital modeling to develop user interface for modeling functionality and results analysis.
- Work on a team with embedded QA and domain experts to design, implement, test and support software products, tools, and analysis platform.
- Meet with product users to understand their goals and the domain. Use their feedback to further improve the user experience of the modeling software.
- 8+ years software development experience
- Proven record of shipping commercial software.
- Expert-level C# skills, .NET framework experience, and object oriented design experience, including strong knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns.
- Experience developing user interface for complex products and highly technical users.
- Proven ability to extract goals, ideas and approaches from domain experts and translate them into elegant UI design.
- Experience with interactive charting and graphing packages for the visual display of quantitative information.
- Expert-level WPF/XAML. Other frameworks a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates self-motivation, resourcefulness and independent action
- Experience working directly with users on an agile development team strongly preferred.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Back to top