SR. Placement Specialist
Responsible for the placement of a client's risk within the insurance and risk marketplace. Negotiates with markets to obtain best terms, conditions, coverage, and pricing for a client. Involved in communications and presentations with clients.
- Responsible for negotiations and transaction management with carriers/markets
- Submits coverage specifications and obtains quotes from carriers, binds coverage and is responsible for the accuracy of programs they have bound
- Develops strong working relations with carriers and or underwriters to create innovative approaches to unique client needs and develops client specific Marketing Plan.
- Responsible for contacting Surplus Lines Liaison as part of the placement strategy and completion of any Surplus Lines activities, e.g. tool kit
- Reviews and finalize commission structure with underwriter in accordance with client direction and agreement. Provides input on pricing of services
- Utilizing risk expertise and knowledge of industry and insurance market place, reviews clients' exposures and loss experience.
- Assesses needs of clients and develops solutions to risk situations., across complexity spectrum
- Receives and analyzes quotes from carriers and provides analysis and recommendations to Client Team/Client (Segment Driven)
- Co-ordination of Global Marketplace (Domestic, Bermuda, London, ROW, Bowring)
- Determine the impact of risk solution, and articulates the value to Client Team
- Identifies and works with appropriate parties to resolves potential error and omission situations within product line
- Keeps abreast of changing insurance and risk market conditions and informs Client Team/Clients (Segment driven) and carriers of major developments affecting various types of coverage
- Identifies the need for new products and suggests innovative solutions to Client Team
- Contributes to the firm's body of knowledge on product line by active participation in internal networks
- Works closely with Client Team to support client retention and new business production
- Responsible for issuing appropriate binding documents
- Understands and complies with the Marsh Compliance and Transparency Standards
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top