Sr. Placement Representative
We are hiring for a Senior Placement Representative to support the property placement department in the San Francisco office. This position is for a recognized specialist in Placement. He or she prepares documentation and submissions for market, analyzes and collects quotes and ensures proper records are maintained. The role includes responsibilities thatcan provide an interested, motivated and effectivecolleague withthe opportunity toincrease their responsibility and advancewithin the organization.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Prepares documentation and submissions for market, including specifications, loss records and summary reports for Placement colleague to better serve clients.
- Analyzes and collects quotes for Placement colleague, compares quotes for markets, reviews existing client insurance and risk programs and preparing proposal components to better serve clients.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of necessary documentation and follows up on outstanding documentation with the appropriate party to ensure the smooth continuation of the Placement process.
- Monitors follow-up for changes from underwriters and the review of coverage specifications to be submitted to carriers/underwriters to ensure they are accurate.
- Drives and maintains market contact at appropriate levels needed to execute assigned tasks effectively and assist the Placement colleague.
- Manages a thorough technical understanding of the Placement business to better assist the Placement colleague.
- Bachelors degree
- 0 - 2 years commercial insurance experience
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong Excel proficiency preferred
- Strong preference for colleague proficiency in MARSH systems such as MART and Mdocs; or equivalent broker systems
- Property & Casualty (P&C) license currently held OR willing and able to obtain license within 90 days of hire
- Characteristics and strengths critical to the position include:
- Organization, with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Keen attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top