Sr. International Tax Accountant
The Senior International Tax Consultant ("Senior") is an integral member of the Tax department who will provide hands-on support for international income tax compliance (Forms 5471, 8865, and 8858), quarterly and year-end financial reporting, and tax research for all MMC Operating Companies. The Senior will prepare analyses and workpapers that require tax knowledge and experience, direct and review the work of junior staff, and assist with the use of the software capabilities of the tax provision and tax compliance systems. The Senior needs to establish and maintain partnerships with our Controllers, Treasury team and business colleagues. The Senior must also develop and maintain familiarity with Finance processes, systems, policies, and financial/tax profile of individual non-US legal entities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in quarterly and annual international ASC 740 (FAS 109/FIN 48) tax accruals, global effective tax rate calculations, and footnote disclosure
- Prepare/review of Form 5471, 8858, 8865 using the Tax Technologies software system.
- Prepare detailed earnings and profits analysis; foreign tax credit; Subpart F income; previously taxed income; and foreign source income.
- Assist with international tax planning projects. Research tax issues for tax planning and compliance reporting and draft memoranda to support and document conclusions.
- Assist with the preparation of certain tax modeling
- Monitor current and proposed, US and foreign, tax law changes to determine worldwide impact.
- Delegate effectively to staff to optimize efficiency and promote their retention through consistent career development.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to self-develop and explore new areas.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top