- Chevy Chase, MD
Senior Application Developer
Location: Chevy Chase, Maryland
Our next Senior Applications Developer at Victor O. Schinnerer & Company will be expected to develop, enhance, and support web-based underwriting management client facing portals and backend applications. Victor O. Schinnerer & Company (http://www.schinnerer.com/), a subsidiary of Marsh, is the world's oldest and largest underwriting manager of professional liability, specialty insurance, and risk management programs.
This person will design, test, and implement IT solutions in support of the business requirements for our multiple lines of business. She/he will develop application solutions while interacting with senior colleagues across the enterprise.
- Handle applications development using various software technologies
- Write programs according to specifications from technical design team
- Integrate technical components into respective working applications
- Participate in technical design and review
- Create and perform quality and system tests as required
- Ensure code quality and system analysis
- Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develop specifications to resolve them
- Resolve issues and make recommendations for improvements and enhancements
- Communicate with members of the IT team on a regular basis where you may serve as the point of contact
- Review code; create and maintain documents as part of a the solution delivery process
- Ensure that business standards are met
- Participate in proof of concept projects to validate benefits, coordinate with business units and service providers
- Create and maintain documents as part of the solution delivery process
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science or Information Science
- At least 5 years systems development experience
- Experience interacting with business owners to understand requirements
- Insurance industry experience, a plus
- Previous experience as a senior MVC ASP.NET/C# developer
- Strong background in building scalable, high-quality web applications utilizing Microsoft technology
- JAVA experience, a plus
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company (http://www.schinnerer.com/), a subsidiary of Marsh, is the world's oldest and largest underwriting manager of professional liability, specialty insurance, and risk management programs. Our expertise lies in evaluating risks, implementing program marketing, developing and executing risk management activities, and servicing accounts on behalf of our insurance company partners. We then distribute these products through our distribution network of licensed brokers.
Marsh Inc. is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility,
employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top