Sr. Cyber Project Manager
- New York, NY
As the Sr. Project Manager within our Cyber CoE Practice, you will be responsible for managing a variety of corporate initiatives that will shape the future of Cyber brokerage at Marsh. This role will be coordinating Cyber activities across the Marsh organization, as well as the external stakeholders; and supporting the effectiveness of the US Cyber Practice and the US Cyber Practice Leader. The Sr. Project Manager will manage large projects, or processes and tasks of a high level of complexity on high visible projects within the Cyber CoE.
- Manages highly complex projects end-to-end to deliver business outcomes, ensuring that the project is completed on time & within budge.
- Frame, analyze, and develop actionable recommendations for strategic challenges facing the Cyber Practice and communicate recommendations to senior managers:
- Manage comprehensive research and data analysis to develop fact-based recommendations for strategy projects
- Support initiatives to take recommendations from concept to implementation
- Develop business and/or project plans for strategic and innovative projects, which may include assessing the impact of emerging risk, industry, economic and competitive trends; operational reviews of business processes; and new product or service development.
- Execute and coordinate key strategic initiatives as determined with Cyber Practice leadership.
- Work with cross-functional and cross-geographic teams to develop ideas and deliver projects.
- Provide consultative support to product teams and business heads for strategically important business initiatives on an as-needed basis.
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to assemble the required information and data necessary to perform data analysis and to assemble strategy and planning decks
- Act as point of contact for key strategic projects impacting the US Cyber Practice.
- Work integrally with North America's Financial Planning & Analysis resource(s) to ensure that the data and metrics needed to make recommendations and support strategic initiatives are available
- Drive the effectiveness and organization of the US Cyber Practice leadership.
- Analyze and create a strategic view of the Cyber Practice leadership calendars to ensure effective use of time for maximum impact.
- Facilitate effective interactions between Cyber Practice leaders and internal/external constituents (meeting prep, briefings, follow-ups, etc.) and track progress on action items.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships across the organization.
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience (preferably consulting externally with clients or internally within large organizations)
- Independent, self-starter able to work at a face pace and under pressure.
- Strong business acumen and analytical mindset.
- Significant experience with project planning and management
- Significant experience with financial analysis, including but not limited to budgeting, cost-benefit analysis
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with information systems development is desired
- Very strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, and ability to work with a wide range of constituents.
- Very high standards of quality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Very strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage competing priorities
- Motivated individual and strong team player
- Innovative approach and enthusiasm to learn/explore
- Willingness to travel on a need basis
- Very strong interpersonal skills
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top