The Solutions Architect owns the definition and creation of the application architecture for specific projects. They are responsible for working with the Enterprise Architects and Technical Specialists on defining the technical and application architecture. The architect must understand Marsh business requirements/ process and translate that into viable implementation architecture, ensuring that all Marsh standards are met. The candidate should be able to dive deeply into any technology issues. They have to assist the Senior Architects in the evaluation of new technologies, and the definition of technical standards.
- Own the creation and documentation of the technical & application architecture for a project
- Ensure that the application integrations requirements are properly identified and appropriate solution is implemented working with the Senior Architects
- Working with the data architecture team, define and implement procedures to ensure the integrity and consistency of all data. Also support maintaining the data dictionary
- Responsible for conducting architecture tollgate reviews on the project and provide application architecture/design feedback to the project team on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that all technical and application related issues are identified and resolved by closely working with the partners
- Assist the Senior Architects on Proof of Concept and piloting new technologies
- Interface and liaise with Marsh's vendors and outsourcing partners as required
- Assist the Enterprise architects in defining, implementing and overseeing technical standards, policies and tools
- Provide technical oversight to development teams. Work with the Technical Specialists to resolve problems with software and develop solutions
- Responsible for operational effectiveness of the environment; adhere to Marsh Process Framework
- Conduct a feasibility study/impact assessment for implementing business requirements
- Assess impact and prioritize architectural and design changes based on business needs
- Build and review implementation plans working with the Project Manager
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a business requirements and test cases for applications
- Provide feedback to the Business Analysts and Business teams on impact of requirements on the implementation
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree, ideally in computer science or related field
- Knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, programming, servers and desktops
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, integration capabilities and standards
- Required expertise in Java / JEE, .Net and SOA architectures
- Good working knowledge on RDBMS - Oracle knowledge desirable
- Experience with Microsoft technologies a plus
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems
- Proven experience in systems Architecture, Design and Development
- Experience in data migration, etl a big plus
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Unix Technologies: Autosys, C++, HTML, PERL, Unix Shell Scripting
- Database Technologies: Acutate, Business Objects, ESSBASE, MS Access, PowerMart, SQL, Trillium, Oracle, Sql Server etc
- Java Technologies: JEE, Spring, Hibernate, EJB, Websphere, Continuous Integration and XSLT, XML and Java Script
- PHP: PHP application development with MYSQL
- Others: Pega, Websphere ESB, Web Services, SOAP, SAML etc
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top