Service Specialist, Benefits Administration
- King of Prussia, PA
As a member of the Service Delivery Group, the Service Specialist position focuses on performing the daily deliverables and processing for all of Trion's clients. Additional responsibilities include report generation, data transmission, file processing and team projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Enter qualified life events, court orders, and evidence of insurability information into the EnrollOnline™ System;-
- Enter enrollment information into carrier portal systems;
- Produce and work various data reports;
- Generate print jobs such as enrollment worksheets, confirmation statements, HIPAA certificates and life conversion/portability letters;
- Generate and send out email communications;
- Run client-specific process and procedures;
- Handle client issues on Trion's Issue Management System;
- Work on various team efficiency projects;
- Perform daily operations (such as report generation and data transmissions) accurately, on time and within quality standards;
- Work within a team structure to develop and perform data quality control functions;
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Monitor Client mailbox and Faxes
- Assist with quarterly reverse audit
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required, college degree preferred;
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience within a processing support capacity;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook is required;
- Related exposure to Benefits Administration, COBRA, Spending Accounts, HRIS, and/or Payroll environments is preferred;
- Experience within a third party administration, benefits brokerage, health and welfare consulting, health care, or insurance related industry is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational, analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Excellent troubleshooting, decision making and problem solving skills;
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member;
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to follow through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards;
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and maintain positive relationships with internal client contacts;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word (basic to intermediate), Excel (basic to intermediate) and Access (basic);
- Proficiency in use of PC such as keyboard skills and electronic folder/file organization and management;
- Aptitude for learning internal systems, applications and internal work flow of the department;
- Must be able to effectively interact with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; speak or hear; use hands or finger, handle, feel objects, and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to stand and walk;
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard and viewing of computer screen is required;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job and ability to adjust focus.
- Other working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work is typically performed either on site at Trion's King of Prussia, PA or Mount Laurel office, or at various.
Back to top