As a member of the Spending Accounts team, the primary responsibility of the Service Specialist is performing the daily deliverables within the suite of Spending Accounts services and products, such as, but not limited to systems management, Spending Account Inbox, Benny Letter transactions, and assisting Claim Processors and Client Service Representatives on daily deliverables. Additional responsibilities include generation and quality review of employee facing letters and team projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Perform daily operations such as Trion's Issue Management System ( TIMS), Spending Account Inbox, Benny letter transaction, assist claims processor and Client Service Representatives on daily repeatable processes accurately and on time;
- Generate and process welcome letters and Benny card returns meeting all quality standards and timeframes;
- Resolve client issues on Trion's Issue Management System (TIMS) that come in from the Call Center regarding basic Spending Account issues;
- Work within a team structure to ensure all timely monthly deliverables are met (such as monthly client reports, invoices and claims entry);
- Assist with development and maintenance of operational documentation;
- Assist with high volume tasks during Open Enrollment;
- File, maintain and prepare documentation for offsite storage;
- Respond timely and consistently to all client inquiries while establishing expectations for a trusted partnership;
- Ensure all client deliverables adhere to specified quality standards;
- Adheres to Trion's internal and external compliance and security processes;
- Summarize and report project status to Sr. Claim Processors and Team Manager;
- Assist with special projects as determined by Spending Accounts Team Manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required, college degree preferred;
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience within a processing support capacity;
- Experience working with consumer spending health plans, such as flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement accounts, health savings accounts is preferred;
- Other related exposure to Benefits Administration, COBRA, HRIS, and/or Payroll environments is preferred;
- Experience within a third party administration, benefits brokerage, health and welfare consulting, health care, or insurance related industry is highly preferred;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to provide superior customer service and successfully build relationships with internal teams and client contacts;
- Proven ability to multitask, adjust priorities, meet deadlines, and successfully operate in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to follow through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards;
- Possess strong organizational, analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Disciplined in summarizing and reporting status/results regularly;
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member;
- Possess aptitude for learning proprietary systems, applications and internal work flow of the department.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top