Service Desk Technical Support Coordinator - Torrent
Service Desk Technical Support Coordinator - Torrent
Torrent Technologies, a Division of Marsh & McLennan Companies has a great opportunity to join our team as a Service Desk Technical Support Coordinator. This is an important member of our IT team. Please read on to learn more about the position. This position provides user support and customer service on company-supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoots problems and advise on the appropriate action.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, chat or email
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Administer help desk software
- Follow up with customers and users to ensure complete resolution of issues
- Redirect problems to correct resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks and Wide Area networks
- Prepare activity reports
- Inform management of recurring problems
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Help update training manuals for new and revised software and hardware
- Train computer users as necessary
- Clean up computers
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Experience researching, analyzing and interpreting automated system problems
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
- Windows operating systems
- Office and Office 365
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Learning skills
- Customer service minded
- Problem analysis
- Team interaction
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
We are Torrent Technologies, a Marsh company, founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is widely recognized as having the most advanced suite of cloud-based technology solutions for insurers and their agents to participate in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Write-Your-Own (WYO) program. Torrent's continued growth and success is attributed to our innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service. For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top