Service Delivery Manager MM365
The Service Delivery team prides itself on being a strategic thought leader that handles client relationships with the utmost professionalism. As the Service Delivery Manager, you will be a pivotal member of the Client Services Leadership team and have direct influence on future developments and revenue streams for the successful planned growth of Mercer Marketplace 365.
Bring an innovative, strategic mind with a passion for developing client-relationships and working with numbers will have the opportunity to shine in this role. Responsibilities include:
Service Delivery Management:
• Accountable for overall management of service delivery team. This includes ensuring timely & thorough issue resolution as well as timely response on client requests.
• Accountable to ensure the Consulting & Service Delivery partnership is operating efficiently and effectively for the client.
• Monitor client health via dashboards focusing on and implementing steps to address areas of client dissatisfaction or Mercer risk
• Monitor client SLAs to ensure we are hitting on client level - Reporting areas of risk to senior leadership as needed
• Work closely with the Service Delivery Specialist (SDS) to evaluate risk and message to consulting and client when we are asked to support nonstandard processes.
• Recognize and manage risks or issues that may arise across clients to protect against further errors and omissions.
• Support operational and compliance audits.
• Responsible for disseminating information to team including multi-client issues, clean-up work/strategies, multi-client process changes and being first point of contact for questions
• Attend and participate in client calls as needed particularly engaging in difficult or challenging conversations related to open issues, processes or changes
• Work closely with fellow SDMs to ensure standardization across teams as well as identify areas for process improvements and enhancements
• Work to engage additional resources when necessary to complete required work
• Monitor client project plans during annual enrollment
Team & People Management:
• Prepare for and facilitate weekly team meetings to discuss current events, initiatives, updates, and address questions
• Act as first point of contact for Service Delivery Specialists for questions, escalations or clarifications
• Be accessible to team for questions and support including facilitating
• Weekly one on one meetings with direct reports. Help direct reports establish goals, career path & development opportunities
• Monitor and ensure team's adherence to control objectives including , maintaining project logs and utilization of standard Marketplace processes and templates
• Monitors client health and works with Service Delivery Specialist on get to green plans for red clients
• Ensure standard operating procedures are followed.
• Forecast workflow to determine the correct resources are available for the activity anticipated and manage any changes that may be needed
Process Management & Reporting:
• Ensure out of scope items/change orders are reviewed prior to submission to business partners to ensure they are appropriate and contain complete information. Review associated fees provided by business partners for appropriateness and notification process to clients.
• Track costs for change orders to ensure they're consistent across change type/complexity.
• Lead global fix/enhancement work initiatives - ensuring Service Delivery Specialist (SDS) is updating client specific requirements, necessary changes are communicated with business partners, and updates are made and appropriate testing has taken place.
• Ensure all required reporting (internal and external) are being completed by your team and accurately reflect open issues and status. Reports include dashboards, adhoc requests for information from internal teams/ business partners, client reporting such as premiums
5-7 yearsexperience in Health & Welfare benefit administration and people management
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; proven ability to research, follow up and resolve complex issues or problems surfaced by the team
Strong supervisory and leadership skills; ability to model desired work values and practices for other team members
Ability to create a team setting that encourages both individual and team accomplishments; ability to establish goals and evaluate the performance of team members
Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present complex issues/data with a high level of clarity and impact
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top