Mercer Sentinel is a global group of 50 full time staff, focused on consulting to clients on all aspects of investment operations. Our operating hubs are New York, Chicago, Denver, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney. The Operational Risk Assessments Team consults on investment operations, implementation and governance of investment managers.
Due to increasing client demand we are continuing to build a specialist team focused on investment manager operational risk assessments. We would like to employ an operational due diligence consultant who has an understanding of the investment industry and the operational functions of investment organizations. The job holder will work as part of a team of experienced analysts and consultants. Key duties will include the following:
- Perform due diligence on investment organizations to highlight and manage operational risks that may impact clients
- Write operational risk review reports
- Work as part of a team participating in managing projects
- Liaise with investment managers to collate information, coordinate on-site visits and schedules
- Review documentation provided by investment managers
- Participate in on-site visits with investment managers
- Travel throughout North America
- Contribute to manager and/or specialist research projects
- A bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, finance or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content or direct relevant experience
- Experience with investment management, operations, fund management or investment consulting
- Understanding of investment manager operations, including pension plans and other market participants such as prime brokers, custodians and administrators
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Takes ownership for work, always ensuring standards and deadlines are met and team members and clients are informed
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Openly shares information and own expertise with colleagues
- Possess excellent team working skills in a global working environment
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self motivated with an eagerness to learn and a positive work ethic
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top