Mercer Sentinel is a global group of 50 full time staff, focused on consulting to clients on all aspects of investment operations, custodial and transactional services. Our operating hubs are New York, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, St. Louis, London, Dubai, Singapore and Sydney. The Operational Risk Group conducts operational due diligence.
We would like to employ an operational risk group associate who has an understanding of the investment industry and the operational functions of investment firms. The job holder will work as part of a team of experienced analysts and consultants. Key duties will include the following:
• W ork as part of a team and participate in managing projects
• Conduct operational due diligence on investment managers
• Participate in on-site visits with investment managers, facilitating a thorough review of processes, controls and technology
• Review and understand documentation provided by investment managers
• Facilitate due diligence reviews and relevant communications with investment manager service providers
• Clearly communicate with clients and interested internal parties
• Contribute to manager and/or specialist research projects
• Participate in weekly risk committee calls and quarterly global team meetings
• A bachelor's degree with direct or relevant experience
• Operational due diligence, investment fund management, investment operations or fund audit experience
• Takes ownership for work, always ensuring standards and deadlines are met, and team members and clients are informed
• Good organizational and project management skills
• Openly shares information and own expertise with colleagues
• Eagerness to expand knowledge and skills relevant to the investment industry
• Ability to travel extensively, and occasionally on short notice
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Self-motivated with an eagerness to learn and a positive work ethic
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top