Senior Workforce Strategy Consultant
- New York, NY
Data and advanced analytics are bringing big opportunities to Human Resources (HR) consulting! Organizations that can harness, analyze, and interpret larger amounts of data about their employees faster are able to gain a competitive advantage on one of their most valuable assets: their people.
The Workforce Strategy and Analytics Practice at Mercer is at the forefront of rapid advances in the field of Workforce Sciences. We help our clients unlock insights about their workforce dynamics by applying both qualitative and advanced quantitative analyses to internal and external business environments. We help our clients tap into the full potential of their data, empowering them to make evidenced-based decisions on future workforce investment.
Examples of client issues that we address are:
• Identifying and prioritizing workforce investments and actions, to maximize employee engagement, productivity, and ROI
• Identifying, measuring, and meeting future workforce needs
• Accelerating the sourcing and development of critical talent
• Identifying interventions that will reduce unwanted turnover that is harmful to business performance
• Achieving pay equity
• Developing the road map to sustainably build a more diverse and inclusive workforce
As a key member of the Workforce Strategy and Analytics team, the Workforce Strategy Consultant is responsible for assisting clients and supporting project teams by quickly assimilating data and executing accurate advanced statistical analyses, informed by the latest developments in labor economics and I/O psychology.
Candidates with more advanced work experience and/or education will be considered for more senior roles.
To fulfill this role, a Workforce Strategy Consultant will:
- Act as the engagement lead on projects serving as a liaison between client contact(s) and project teams on critical client issues; lead clients in resolving business and human capital issues in a data-driven way.
- Serve as an expert advisor and lead in workforce analytics projects, and proposal development, working either independently or collaboratively with colleagues to brainstorm and design complex analyses required to address client's workforce and business problems
- Independently direct the development customized client reports, designing and developing compelling exhibits for clients to deliver insights with lasting impact, either by drawing upon existing templates or by building new visualizations.
- Critically reviews or performs advanced statistical analysis, including regression modeling and additional statistical tests using R, Python, and/or SAS.
- Directly and indirectly manage mid-level staff including delegating, overseeing activities from data analysis pipelines assigned to teams on larger client projects.
- Contribute to team operations or intellectual capital development, such as developing re-usable marketing materials, or publishing articles/papers.
Our ideal candidate will have these knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's is required, preferably in a quantitative or quantitatively-oriented social science field (e.g., economics, business, mathematics, psychology, political science, or statistics).
- Preferred Master's or Ph.D. in economics, I-O or related psychology or labor relations, statistics or data science related field; other PhDs with strong quantitative backgrounds will be also be considered
- Demonstrable record of conducting complex empirical analyses
- Exceptional statistical background, especially in multiple regression analysis and machine learning methods
- Expert in working with and teasing out meaning from large datasets to solve business and workforce problems
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top