The Senior Underwriter for Torrent has the ability to underwrite large or complex new policies and renewals. Determines appropriate terms and conditions for coverage and rates for program profitability. Builds relationships with the broker distribution force. Negotiates quotes and ensures policies are issued as bound. Manages a territory or product line.
- Responds to requests from existing brokers or potential clients in order to secure business or enhance existing service.
- Reviews and analyzes submissions, examines past claims, and determines degree of risk.
- Assesses exposure and determines rates and terms and conditions of coverage in accordance with guidelines.
- Assists in the negotiations by providing backup information and data on best terms & conditions of individual accounts.
- Selects appropriate rating plans in order to make marginal commercial risks acceptable and profitable.
- Reviews commercial renewals that refer by obtaining necessary information for proper evaluation of the risk including loss experience, etc
- Review information resources like financial reports, inspections and internet or other sources in order to identify potential problems.
- Negotiates terms and conditions with brokers, binds coverage and initiates issuance of documents.
- Acts in a leadership role to various underwriting review meetings and general file consultation.
- Meets with representatives to discuss technical program issues.
- Acts as a knowledgeable resource in the product line, both inside and outside the office.
- Provides advice and expertise to other underwriters on underwriting issues.
- Communicates in a concise, tactful, prompt and effective manner both over the phone and by email.
- Assists in training of employees.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with agents, customers, coworkers and others.
- At management's direction, perform other duties that are not specifically set forth but inherent to the wholesale brokerage business.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top