Senior Total Rewards Consultant
- San Francisco, CA
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: people. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
The Senior Rewards Consultant is a client-facing consultant that supports companies design and execute broad-based reward strategies that reinforce business objectives. A Senior Consultant works with complex organizations to identify the financial and people factors that drive value.
Key responsibilities are:
- Structuring, directing, reviewing and interpreting analyses performed by the project team.
- Structuring and/or reviewing client deliverables.
S ells and leads executive compensation and/or workforce rewards relationships and engagements
- Developing broad-based compensation strategies, philosophies and programs that address clients' attraction and retention needs.
- Providing consulting services to senior management on a variety of remuneration issues, including competiveness of pay and rewards strategy.
- Providing consulting services on broader Human Capital issues.
- Designing short-term incentive programs that reinforce the client's strategic objectives.
- Designing financial performance measurement and target-setting systems to support these compensation programs.
- Assessing current pay and program features, relative to the market and to the clients' unique situations.
- Generating revenue through development of new client relationships and building and maintaining strong client relationships, this will ideally lead to opportunities for project extensions, cross-selling, and referrals to new prospects.
- Being a brand ambassador for Mercer in the marketplace.
- Leading, mentoring and developing other team members
Our ideal candidate will have these leadership capabilities:
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
- 15+ years' experience in strategic consulting with specific experience in broad-based compensation or broad-based compensation in a large corporate environment
- Successful and proven experience in business revenue generation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to establish relationships with key stakeholders and lead and influence to accomplish business objectives
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Back to top