Senior Talent and Learning Specialist
This role could be located in one of the following offices: NYC headquarters, Phoenix, AZ or Overland Park, KS.
Marsh's global Talent, Learning and Inclusion team focuses on delivering proactive talent development solutions for client groups. In this role, you'll manage Talent and Learning deliverables for a global client group, drives the Inclusion & Diversity strategy. You'll develop relationships with business leaders and colleagues to assist in defining, designing and delivering effective learning solutions to achieve desired results. Your role will be as an enabler - assisting in finding the appropriate solutions; creating effective learning environments; coaching managers; collaborating with Human Resources colleagues, Global Learning colleagues, and other Marsh resources. This role is a key member of the Talent, Learning & Inclusion team and is accountable to deliver results.
This role is ideal for a creative and enthusiastic Talent Management professional who has HR experience and business experience in creating and facilitating a variety of employee development programs. Your passion for learning, sharing and collaborating will serve you well. Your excellent relationship-building, facilitation, coaching, and communication abilities will drive desired business results. The Senior Talent and Learning Specialist is responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing programs and services which support the development of top talent to Marsh, and foster a work environment of continuous learning for all colleagues, thus continuing to improve the colleague experience.
- Project manages talent and learning initiatives, programs, tools, and processes, with input from program managers, in order to identify, develop, and track talent from entry-level to executive level in such areas as performance management, learning and development, career development, and succession planning.
- Facilitates learning development and training sessions, meetings, focus groups, and interviews to support talent development efforts according to strategic global initiatives outlined by program managers and leaders, and in support of local business needs.
- Develops talent and learning program approaches and materials (with input from program managers) by analyzing data reports of needs and learning assessments, performance management system summaries, and with input from subject matter experts and HR leaders.
- Identifies talent and development needs through role reviews, performance appraisal data and regular consultation with business leaders and HR leaders in order to meet talent / learning gaps and business needs.
- Drives the Inclusion & Diversity strategy, aligned to the business strategy. This includes strategy development in consultation with a core team, provides high level support to Colleague Resource Groups/Business Resource Groups in both US and Canada region, as well as leverages CRG/BRG development globally.
- Manages data collection activities, including managing assessment initiatives and centers, and tracks program/project progress and performance in alignment with business needs and expectations to ensure successful implementation of programs.
- Proactively reviews research, industry trends and learning and development and talent/performance management approaches, to develop learning program approaches, curriculum, and materials.
- Conduct research and apply thought leadership to identify best fit solutions for the business (considering technology in developing business solutions)
- Create communication strategies for learning and talent development programs
- Partner with internal clients and colleagues to determine training needs
- Design and facilitate workshops/seminars, webinars, meetings
- Revitalize new hire orientation and on-boarding initiatives
- Establish and manage the firm's calendar of training, learning and development initiatives
- Source and manage relationships with external suppliers of training programs and materials
- Network with Global Learning colleagues at Marsh to evaluate, modify and adopt current training modules
- Identify, establish and implement key performance indicators to evaluate the impact of training
- Contribute to enterprise wide learning and organizational effectiveness projects including employee engagement, leadership development, high potential development, graduate rotation program
- 7-10 years of experience in a Talent and/or Learning role
- Highly creative with exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant work experience in an organization development and/or training and development role which includes instructional design; creating employee development programs in a variety of settings
- Demonstrated consultative approach in defining customer needs
- Collaborative, with the ability to work with a high degree of independence and professionalism
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, objectives and deadlines with excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business conditions
- Proven interest in fostering the long term learning and development of others in order to drive business results
- Excellent client service skills, demonstrating sound judgment and diplomacy, and an ability to build relationships and gain trust
- University degree or equivalent experience; HR and/or adult education certification an asset
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, social media
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
#TalentAndInclusion #learning #Talent2019 #TalentSolutions #TalentManagement #LI-AV1 #EmployeeExperience #EmployeeEngagement #HR #WorkforceofFuture #WorkforceStrategies #MarshUSA #MarshCAN #MMC @MarshGlobal #MarshGlobal #RIS #TRAC #CRG #BRG #Inclusion #DiversityandInclusion #inclusion #Learning #Learninganddevelopment @BRINK #topTalent #HRJobs #learningjobs #Learninganddevelopmentjobs #corporatelearning
Back to top