Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Applications Engineer will be an integral member of the Application Engineering Services (AES) Group and is responsible creating and maintaining the availability of all Guy Carpenter applications running on UNIX (Solaris) and Linux (Redhat) operating systems. This includes non-production and production environments. This position will work with the Application Support Group, Product Mangers, Architecture and BAU teams to support the operations of critical GC Applications and Infrastructure. Additionally this individual will act as an internal escalation point within the team to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems. S/he must be a team player and willing to teach others.
- Troubleshoot application and operating system issues
- Create technical diagrams and specifications to support system infrastructure design
- Work on projects as needed by the business and internal IT
- Mentor team members on the AES team
- Participate in on call rotation as escalation contact
- Evaluate and automate routine procedures
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT or related field.
- 5+ years of UNIX and Linux Administration experience (Solaris and RedHat preferred)
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to understand and resolve complex technical issues
- Experience with the following applications or services:
- Oracle Weblogic or
- Apache Tomcat (or equivalent) Apache HTTP or Nginx
- Jenkins / Hudson
- Nexus or Artifactory
- Intermediate scripting (any combination of Perl, Ruby, shell, Python, and others)
- Understanding of proper industry change management procedures required.
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills
- Customer focused, and dedicated to the best possible user experience
- Experience with clustering, load balancing and HA
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top