Senior Strategy Analyst
Senior Strategy Analyst - Level F
The purpose of this position is to help develop, implement and advise on pension risk management strategies for clients within Mercer's US Wealth, Delegated Solutions business. The ideal candidate will have both actuarial expertise and experience with pension plans, and knowledge of asset allocation approaches with a particular focus on designing portfolios to hedge pension liability. The candidate will effectively collaborate with teams across the Delegated Solutions business and Mercer's consulting business, and train junior staff. The candidate will play an important role in managing the on-boarding process of new delegated OCIO clients, and managing the ongoing activities for existing clients on our already on the platform. The job requires experience with client communication and presentations, project management and strong analytical skills.
Strategy and advice
- Provide analytical support to the strategy setting process - to include glide path design, strategic asset allocation and portfolio construction. The work is likely to have a strong emphasis on the liability matching portfolio construction and implementation.
- Help maintain an investment optimization model to develop hedge portfolios and help manage and enhance Mercer's LDI offerings
- Perform liability and asset risk analysis including oversight of strategic asset allocation studies and client delivery
- Understand plan design, liability features, and risk drivers to develop investment strategies.
- Manage the client on-boarding process for specific new clients, working closely with Delegated Solutions team members, the client and with the interested Mercer lines of business (e.g. portfolio management, client solutions, operations, and Financial Strategy Group)
- Take ownership of liability valuation process and daily measurement
- Manage communication of new business requirements to the operations / IT team
- Be a resource to the various stakeholders for Delegated Solutions activities for large clients
Monitoring and client reporting
- Act as internal project manager to ensure timely production and delivery of quarterly reports, which describe the performance of the underlying investment funds and the progress a client is making on their dynamic de-risking glide-paths
- Help anticipate and monitor trigger points for portfolio rebalancing, assist in building and maintaining a basic financial toolkit to assist with the monitoring process and liaise with portfolio management team for implementation
- Maintain knowledge of Delegated Solutions clients' pension plan profiles and characteristics
- Oversee junior staff on Delegated Solutions related activities
Client Communication and Sales
- Partner with Senior Financial Strategists to prepare and deliver asset liability modeling and strategy updates for clients
- Collaborate with consultants and client service team to deliver periodic reporting, prepare analysis and determine client needs
- Provide support in sales process
- Bachelor's Degree with Actuarial designation. CFA or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in actuarial and/or risk management position
- The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, actuarial and pension liability background and will be able to apply processes and procedures to customize the strategy setting process, manage the on-boarding process and implement across multiple clients.
- The candidate needs to have an understanding of pension risk management and portfolio construction techniques and methodologies
- Must have experience, and the ability, to work autonomously and to coordinate across multiple parts of the business
- Strong quantitative skills, project management, and communication skills
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Experience with developing and leading client presentations
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- High-level attention to detail and an understanding of its application to the bigger picture
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top