Senior Specialist- Financial Planning & Analysis
- New York, NY
Can you see beyond the status quo? Do you have a passion for partnering with business leaders to create optimization in a business line? Are you seeking opportunities in an organization that invests in their employees- where internal mobility is top of mind? Our finance colleagues are charged with conducting high value analysis- finding the risks and opportunities within a market/business.
Guy Carpenter is currently seeking a Senior Finance Specialist to join its Corporate FP&A team. This team supports the Guy Carpenter business, an industry leader in Reinsurance, strategic advisory and analytics. The ideal candidate will be a proactive team player with strong technical skills, excellent business acumen and demonstrated problem solving and analytical aptitude. The primary focus of this role will be to interact and build strong partnerships with the Global Advisory and CSS businesses to effectively develop, communicate and analyze financial reporting to support the global organization.
The successful candidate is a self-starter who offers working solutions to business partners and management with excellent communication and presentation skills. The Senior Finance Specialist should be aware of the strategic goals of the firm and assist management and the business in the planning and execution of projects.
This critical role, reporting to the Corporate Finance Leader, provides the unique opportunity to obtain an in-depth view of the Guy Carpenter business.
- Design and develop reporting with business leaders and regional teams with the intention to elicit critical decision support
- Be a valued business partner by providing reporting and analysis in an accurate and timely manner, incorporating value added commentary and analysis
- Create financial models, driver based sensitivity and analysis to guide investment rationale and alternative scenarios
- Develop and analyze the monthly/quarterly/annual reporting and planning views
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the relevant revenue and expense drivers and trends of the business
- Build strong partnerships with management, business partners and Finance teammates and be able to effectively communicate financial results to all stakeholders
- Promote and foster a positive work environment that encourages efficiency, professionalism and collaboration
- Support the annual strategic plan and budget, quarterly business and functional reviews, executive management presentations and communications
- Participate in ad-hoc analysis as required
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience supporting a line of business
- 3+ years of experience forecasting, budgeting and reporting
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Access desirable
- Strong financial acumen with exceptional analytical skills
- Leadership aptitude, ability to work effectively in teams and work with numerous stakeholders
- Superior communication and presentation skills; both oral and written
- Ability to work independently, with good judgement and meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Experience with financial statements and chart of accounts
- Experience with a general ledger and query system (Oracle Financials and Essbase preferred)
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple senior stakeholders within a large organization
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top