Senior Security Engineer
- Jersey City, NJ
Senior Security Engineer
Location: Hoboken, Phoenix
We are Marsh & McLennan Companies a global leader in insurance brokering and risk management. We are looking for an End User Computing Engineer. Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs.
- Researching, designing, and integrating information security solutions and controls across the global enterprise in a way that is transparent to end users, supports executive strategies, and fundamentally ensures the security of the information MMC is entrusted to protect
- Conduct industry research on new and emerging security technologies in support of enhancing and maintaining evolving corporate strategies to ensure that security solutions will exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment over $13 billion in revenue generation
- Drive technical and strategic direction of the Information Security function across all of Marsh & McLennan Companies globally. Responsible for maintaining and updating information security technology road maps through industry research, knowledge transfer, continued learning
- Partner with and provide information security expertise to the operating companies to provide guidance and direction on secure application hosting for hundreds of internal and client facing application systems. Assess applications and the associated data flow for risk to sensitive data, systems, or infrastructure. Collaboratively document security controls and application access requirements associated with hosted applications and systems.
- Be involved in a lot of projects with Mergers and acquisitions and will play a key part on integration them into the MMC environment
- Identify manual and repeatable processes and automate them using industry standard scripting languages
- Document and update knowledge base to assist various teams with MMC to follow and remediate issues
- Attend meetings with Solutions team to identify reparative issues and fix them
- End-to-End enterprise-wide tier III troubleshooting of network, desktop, server (hardware & software) and application performance & connectivity across the global MMC wide area network as it relates to Information Security
- Participate in or lead Computer Incident Response Teams (CIRT) as necessary by providing tier III support to mitigate active security incidents possible threatening the Global MMC computing environment
- Liaise with vendors and also level 3 support within MMC on all host based security products. Troubleshoot and assist teams within MMC on issues with host based security controls within
- Expected to be on-call as a Tier III escalation point; work with Major Incident team to resolve issues
- 4-year college/university degree required
- Minimum 10+ years of advanced endpoint security products like Bluecoat, McAfee and FireEye with large scale implementations spanning multiple business lines distributed globally
- Extensive knowledge of Bluecoat, zscaler, SSL Interception, design and use of Proxy Pac file is required
- Strong background as a senior engineer in security infrastructure and various network technologies to include devices such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion/extrusion detection, vulnerability & risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, virus/worm/malware prevention, E-business and web application technologies, Data Loss Prevention, whole disk & device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication, common Windows (desktop & server) platforms, various UNIX platforms, TCP/IP, SNMP, CGI, HTML and miscellaneous security related toolsets are all required
- Strong knowledge of scripting tools such as powershell, python, Perl, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills a must
- Good knowledge of AD and good understand of networking and network security technologies
- Must be able to quickly and succinctly architect and create technical solution documentation
- Must be a self-starter, work with limited supervision & be able to work well with others in a globally diverse IT environment
- Strong knowledge of common security controls on windows, unix-based operating systems.
- Familiarity with SIEM technologies, Single Sign on (SSO) and 2FA/MFA is an advantage
- CISSP certification required. Other Information Security oriented certifications a plus
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 63,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top