Senior Security Architect - Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With nearly 63,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 140 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team.
- The Senior Security Engineer is principally responsible for researching, designing, and integrating information security solutions and controls across the global enterprise in a way that is transparent to end users, supports executive strategies, and fundamentally ensures the security of the information MMC is entrusted to protect. The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for conducting industry research on new and emerging security technologies in support of enhancing and maintaining evolving corporate strategies to ensure that security solutions will exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment over $13 billion in revenue generation.
- The Senior Security Engineer will design network security perimeter architecture, review internal and external IT projects and applications for risk and adherence to security policies, standards, and industry best practices. This position will lead and participate on multiple internal security project teams to evaluate and deploy security technologies globally and to make design recommendations for hardware/software products for the firm. Must define, document and design secure infrastructure and application architectures within the primary tenants of Availability, Integrity and Confidentiality.
- The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for maintaining and updating multiple product road maps supporting the secure infrastructure framework. This position will provide thought leadership regarding solutions, designs, architecture, integration, support, strategies across the entire organization to include decision making through successful implementation while employing the highest levels of integrity. Every decision must consider both direct and indirect impacts on the global MMC IT infrastructure.
- Design, document, and deploy secure infrastructure solutions globally to enhance and evolve the security posture of the firm ensuring data integrity, availability and confidentiality of all data entrusted to Marsh & McLennan to protect. This includes millions invested in Next Generation Firewall architecture, anti-virus & anti-malware controls, proxy solutions, Data Loss Prevention software, whole disk and removable media device encryption, 2FA and MFA authentication, and PKI technologies.
- Drive and implement key security strategies within the Marsh & McLennan operating companies designed to protect thousands of applications and servers world-wide from threats. Responsible to design and implement network security architecture controls in support of hundreds of internal and external business IT projects and applications contributing to revenue growth globally. Review, assess and signoff on business projects with respect to risk and adherence to security policies, standards, and industry best practices for data protection of Company and client data. Lead project teams to include design, connectivity, and software solutions aligning security, cost, performance, and customer requirements to reach viable secure solutions.
- Drive technical and strategic direction of the Information Security function across all of Marsh & McLennan Companies globally. Responsible for maintaining and updating information security technology road maps through industry research, knowledge transfer, continued learning. D ocument and maintain comprehensive information security roadmaps and strategies with respect to process mapping, technical diagrams and schematics, standard operating procedures, and technical infrastructure documentation which results in the protection of sensitive information across thousands of applications and thousands of servers world-wide.
- Partner with and provide information security expertise to the operating companies to provide guidance and direction on secure application hosting for hundreds of internal and client facing application systems. Assess applications and the associated data flow for risk to sensitive data, systems, or infrastructure. Collaboratively document security controls and application access requirements associated with hosted applications and systems.
- End-to-End enterprise-wide tier III troubleshooting of network, desktop, server (hardware & software) and application performance & connectivity across the global MMC wide area network as it relates to Information Security. Participate in or lead Computer Incident Response Teams (CIRT) as necessary by providing tier III support to mitigate active security incidents possible threatening the Global MMC computing environment
- 4-year college/university degree required
- Minimum 10+ years of advanced network security architecture experience with large scale implementations spanning multiple business lines distributed globally.
- Strong familiarity with common web application technologies such as .NET, Java, TAM, SSL/TLS, load-balancing, etc.
- Must be familiar with common security controls on both Windows and Unix-based operating systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Next-Generation Firewalls. Experience with Cisco and Palo Alto is strongly preferred
- Must have strong experience with Internet Application Hosting architectures, best practices and related technologies to effectively protect externally facing applications at the network and host levels.
- Strong knowledge of WAF technologies. Experience with F5 ASM is preferred.
- Strong familiarity with routing, switching, and bridging in both LAN & WAN environments.
- Familiarity with common web application technologies such as .NET, Java, TAM, SSL/TLS, load-balancing, etc.
- Familiar with common security controls on both Windows and Unix-based operating systems.
- Good understanding of Microsoft AD and integration in to secure application hosting environments.
- Strong background as a senior engineer/architect in security infrastructure and various network technologies to include devices such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion/extrusion detection, vulnerability & risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, virus/worm/malware prevention, E-business and web application technologies, Data Loss Prevention, whole disk & device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication, common Windows (desktop & server) platforms, various UNIX platforms, TCP/IP, SNMP, CGI, HTML and miscellaneous security related toolsets are all required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Must be able to quickly and succinctly architect and create technical solution documentation.
- Must be a self-starter, work with limited supervision & be able to work well with others in a globally diverse IT environment.
- Knowledge specifically on Cisco security platforms (i.e ASA, FirePOWER), Palo Alto, FireEye, McAfee Security Suite, and BlueCoat has a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of cryptography as it relates to application and network security is a must.
- Experience coding/scripting with common languages such as Java Script, Python & Perl is preferred.
- CISSP certification required. Other Information Security oriented certifications a plus
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ .
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top