Senior Security Analyst - Security Operations Center
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and nearly 63,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
This is a technical, hands-on role within the mission-critical production environment. The Senior SOC Analyst will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing network traffic and security event data, as well as responding timely and appropriately to security events or incidents and asses the severity of the risk and impact to the production environment. This role will investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits. This role must also be flexible and be able to collaborate well with other staff in discussing production impacting issues, reviewing relevant security event logs, and escalating significant items as appropriate. We're looking for a self-starter with strong technical skills in the field.
- Monitoring and analyze network and security event data from a variety of sources to identify internal security events based on internal and common intelligence sources
- Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits
- Work closely with the Incident Response team in support of remediation efforts at all levels, including data gathering and liaising between all CIRT teams
- Stay abreast of the threat landscape through open sources and observed activity
- Development and documentation of SOC Analyst activities and workflows
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top