Senior Sales Professional
The purpose of this position is to initiate, qualify (ensure the prospect fits with the company's strategic direction) and develop new business with target organizations to meet or exceed pre-agreed upon production revenue goals within a specific market segment or geography.
Identify, qualify and sell new client engagements across Mercer's Health & Wealth solution portfolio offerings, to target organizations in the 300 - 5,000 life market to achieve or exceed annual produced revenue goal (revenue from a sold engagement), focusing on:
Client engagements that provide:
- Annuity revenue over a defined multi-year contract period
- Ongoing consulting work within a specific line of business over a period of time, according to a pre-agreed goal within an agreed time period
- One-time projects representing a finite revenue opportunity
- Multi-year engagements and one-time projects for other Mercer lines of business (Career)
Achieve stated growth sales/growth goals by:
- Building effective and collaborative relationships with the key decision-makers within the target organizations
- Driving broad-based needs analysis within target organizations across the Health-Wealth-Career solution spectrum to identify potential opportunities for Mercer solutions
- Developing compelling client value propositions and business cases for Mercer solutions
- Participating in sales demonstrations of Mercer proprietary products
- Conducting a minimum number of face to face meetings with prospects
- Organizing and executing a multi-faceted sales plan such as direct prospect outreach, demand generation follow-up, direct marketing campaign optimization, etc. to effectively make direct contact with prospects.
- Participating in professional organizations and informal networks to develop, build and sustain a network to obtain prospects, as well as utilizing Mercer's prospect database to identify and research potential organizations
- Work with Marketing & Sales leadership to organizing and execute marketing seminars and roundtables in order to identify and engage targets and build the Mercer brand in the marketplace
- Maintaining an adequate and transparent pipeline to ensure revenue targets are met
- Understanding the short and long-term needs and challenges of targets and how the Mercer Value proposition and industry best practices can solve their problems, improve their competitive position and move their business forward.
Be proficient in and a champion of Mercer tools and processes, sales effectiveness techniques and best practices such as Asking Effective Questions/Helping Clients Succeed, Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling, and entering & maintaining accurate account, contact and opportunity data in Mercer's salesforce automation/CRM solution. Mentor more junior level Sales Professionals, and advise on cross-LOB sales processes as needed.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top