Senior Risk Consultant
We enable clients to grow, innovate and create value by helping them understand and better manage the risks they face, and ensuring they have the resiliency to withstand the unexpected.
Marsh helps clients of all sizes and in every industry better quantify and manage risk - and transform uncertainty into opportunity.
- Candidate must be able to plan, conduct and direct projects with little or no supervision
- P rovide fire protection and risk based technical guidance to clients in a manner to identify, assess and mitigate risks to clients operations
- Working knowledge of National Fire Protection Association (NPFA) codes and standards as well as Factory Mutual (FM) Global Data sheets and other industry best practices as applicable
- Provide guidance to clients regarding construction methodologies, fire, wind, earthquake and other hazards
- Perform site risk engineering evaluations and develop written reports to communicate the findings of the visit
- Provide fire protection and construction design input for new construction as well as conduct plan reviews.
- Research model and local codes, as well as nationally recognized standards to assist in the development of alternative methods of compliance
- Drive revenue growth through proposals, oral and written presentations
Essential Qualities for Success
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Effective project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active listening and effective speaking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Growth oriented
- At least 10 to 15 years' industry related experience
- BA/BS degree in engineering (mechanical, civil, electrical)
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Actuarial Associate, Mercer
Jolina manages projects for Mercer’s pension plan clients—preparing instructions for teammates, reviewing deliverables, and answering questions throughout the process.
Back to top