Senior Retirement Actuarial Consultant II
- Chicago, IL
The Senior Retirement Consultant works directly with clients, provides high level analysis, and is the actuary responsible for final technical review of client deliverables. This position assists with managing the client team, day to day client contact, and supervision of analyst's work.To fulfill this role, the Senior Retirement Consultant will:
- Be a key contact for communication with clients, including day to day contact, participation in client meetings, and presentations
- Assist with strategy, idea sharing, and problem resolution
- Perform or oversee necessary calculations or analysis on special retirement projects
- Oversee the annual actuarial valuation process, funding valuations, accounting results, and government forms. Have final sign-off on all results. Collaborate with the client team, including those at Mercer's ASW to accomplish core tasks such as: checking and analyzing actuarial valuation results, including analysis of census data, liabilities, assets and reporting, coordinating local office resources and project management
- Potentially supervise two or more employees as direct reports
- Potentially perform people management tasks such as assigning, directing, and evaluating work; conducting performance evaluations; performance coaching and career development discussions
- Potentially consult on Defined Contribution plan issues
- Participate in new business efforts as needed
- 10+ years pension related work experience preferably in a consulting environment
- Successful client relationship experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Superior analytical ability
- Enrolled Actuary
- Either FSA or ASA designation preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top