Senior Property Risk Consultant
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.
Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
We actively searching for a Senior Property Risk Consultant to be based in any of our NE Marsh locations.
The key job responsibilities are:
- Candidate must be able to plan, conduct and direct projects with little or no supervision
- Provide fire protection and risk based technical guidance to clients in a manner to identify, assess and mitigate risks to clients operations
- Working knowledge of National Fire Protection Association (NPFA) codes and standards as well as Factory Mutual (FM) Global Data sheets and other industry best practices as applicable
- Provide guidance to clients regarding construction methodologies, fire, wind, earthquake and other hazards
- Perform site risk engineering evaluations and develop written reports to communicate the findings of the visit
- Provide fire protection and construction design input for new construction as well as conduct plan reviews.
- Research model and local codes, as well as nationally recognized standards to assist in the development of alternative methods of compliance
- Drive revenue growth through proposals, oral and written presentations
- Makes recommendations on design of research and analysis plan, manages research, data collection and documentation and conducts more complex research & analysis of clients risks to provide guidance to clients
- Creates presentations/slides and other communications of high complexity and extracts and summarizes key insights for presentations/communications that drive internal and client meetings
- Drives client and internal meetings to drive client projects
- Develops pricing for projects, supports the development of proposals and reviews technical concept working with consulting management to improve efficiency
- Advises clients in developing and adjusting project approaches, methodology, and tools to support risk programs and initiatives.
- Builds and nurtures successful business/working relationships with clients to grow the books.
- Be up- to- date on industry trends around risk management to understand client's business environment and basic risk management environment better
Essential Qualities for Success
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Effective project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active listening and effective speaking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Growth oriented
- At least 5 to 15 years' industry related experience
- Security and vulnerability assessment background and certifications
- BA/BS degree in engineering (mechanical, civil, electrical)
- Architectural/engineering firm background
- Certifications or Board Certified from:
• Certified Fire Protection Specialists (CFPS)
• SFPE member (SFPE)
• Board Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
• Board Certified Physical Security Professional (PSP)
• Certified Security Consultant (CSC)
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE
Back to top