Senior Project Manager
The purpose of this position is act as primary contact for key business stakeholders and work across the Graphic Design, Editorial and Digital teams to develop/execute all creative/design assets and deliverables. The Creative Producer/Project Manager will be responsible for managing the end-to-end processes for the creative assets/elements within blended (print and digital/web based) projects from inception and scoping through to end delivery and review.
The role will involve interaction with many areas of the business and key internal clients. Proactive project management skills - i.e., attention to detail, clear articulation of deliverables, adherence to production schedules, resource management, ongoing communication with key stakeholders - are critical to success. A probing and enquiring mind, effective communication skills and an understanding of the graphic design lifecycle are essential
The Creative Producer/Project Manager will be responsible for the oversight of multiple projects simultaneously and must be able to assimilate new information and re-allocate workflow and resources quickly...He/she must be able to manage change effectively and calmly in a hectic environment whilst maintaining the support of clients and internal departments via quality output delivered on budget, on time.
The teams are frequently delivering to tight deadlines, managing key project stakeholders and liaising with all internal teams to track and document a project through its entire production lifecycle. The Producer must ensure that the quality of the work produced by the Graphic Design teams consistently meets the Design CoE standards and exceeds client expectations.
- In collaboration with the Art Director(s)/Editors; identify project scope, key requirements, recommended/requested creative approach
- Assess the resources required to deliver projects and assign accordingly (in partnership with Design Team Manager)
- Assist creative team/internal stakeholders with production coordination by clearly communicating individual and team workload availability
- Develop production methodology and timelines for projects and provide to all stakeholders; update as needed
- Co-ordinate the internal teams and stakeholders to follow agreed design processes
- Provide accurate timelines and updates as projects progress
- Coordinate appropriate reviews (compliance, technical, editorial, client, vendor, etc.) and, to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of materials, follow-up with necessary parties to arrive at solutions to issues raised during the review process
- Take necessary steps to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Manage assigned team and all deliverables.
- Co-ordinate and contribute to the production of all necessary project documentation such as Project Initiation documents, Project Plans and Production Specifications to ensure smooth running of the projects
- Motivate and focus the internal teams on quality and client results. Maintain positive energy and momentum throughout project life cycle
- Review and analyze design and production process, for updating and improvement
- Act as the client's first point of contact for the majority of requirements/issues
- Review and monitor all activity with the client to ensure that we provide a coherent service and spot opportunities to expand our services with the client
- Highlight, anticipate and manage any risks and issues which may arise in order to lessen their impact
- Monitor and report on project billing, resource utilization and quality
- Produce a project summary report and learning log at the end of each project and store it in an appropriate place for access by all
- Maintain a central design resource schedule for all projects for which they are responsible
- Maintain and provide as required information or answer client queries on design specific project costs
- University bachelors degree or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience
- Mastery of software and technology used in creation of work and workflow management, ability to mentor designers
- Demonstrated proficiency and exposure to various print and digital media
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal skills
- Experience in professional services sector desirable.
- Project management experience in a creative/design environment; (planning, organizing, communication, evaluation and review)
- Advanced knowledge of the complete Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office, including Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Ability to read and produce information architecture documentation such as process flows, wireframes and project plans
- Ability to interpret business strategy and support stakeholders to translate into project shaping, scoping and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to direct digital media projects desirable
- Print publishing and digital experience
- Proven interest and ability to articulate the value and role of design in a business environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Microsoft Project
- Broad knowledge of design software and their application to print and digital solutions (including online learning and development applications)
- Technical knowledge of digital and print based design processes
- Excellent communication skills - strong, clear and articulate
- Excellent understanding of the Design CoE internal processes and timescales to make informed decisions and communicate these appropriately to internal and external contacts.
- Analytical, diagnostic skills, able to understand and interpret client requirements
- Builds strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Self-motivated, tenacious and resilient, positive under pressure
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines. Willing and able to juggle many tasks effectively
- Excellent client and relationship management skills
- Significant experience of design and production methodologies, frameworks and processes
- Innovative and creative thinker
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top