Senior Placement Specialist
Marsh's newly formed Qualified Solutions Group is an industry leading placement center built to drive a more effective process and outcome for Property, Casualty, and FINPRO placements and drive much needed change in the industry. Working on a state-of-the-art trading floor abuzz with market activity, it is a new, refreshing and exciting new way to broker insurance.
The Senior Placement Leader-NY Geographic Team Leader role within our Qualified Solution Group will be responsible for managing a group of Placement Specialists. Has oversight and determines zone authority on assigned transactions. May serve as lead negotiator and problem solver in obtaining the most appropriate carrier placements based upon more complex client needs. Is accountable to both practice and zone. Acts as a senior relationship officer for key markets. Utilizes the network of Marsh resources to develop and implement effective risk solutions. Viewed by colleagues, clients, and markets as having a senior role within the zone and is the "go to" person for resolution of difficult market issues.
- Formulates strategy by utilizing substantial risk expertise and knowledge of industry and carriers to develop placement solutions that meet difficult client needs.
- Manage local market relationships and identify new product opportunities for clients in specific areas
- Work closely with the QSG Casualty Practice Leader to drive exceptional value for our clients
- Manage a team of 2-3 team leads and 18 colleagues that support the West, SouthEast and NorthEast zonal casualty clients.
- Responsible for performance management and career development for assigned colleagues.
- Coaches, mentors and develops Team Leaders and Placement Specialists.
- Leads the team by setting goals, monitoring progress, ensuring service meets or exceeds client expectations, and protects the firm from errors & omissions (E&O).
- Helps to cross-train colleagues and to develop placement expertise within the zones.
- Manages workload and staffing across the geographic teams
- Builds relationship with geographic distribution leaders at Marsh to further QSG strategy
- Manage budgets and T&E appropriately within the team
- Work with local and national leaders to achieve proper throughput and uplift
- Responsible for using risk expertise to analyze client's current and historical exposures, develop solutions, solicit quotes, negotiate with panel markets, analyze comparisons, articulate impact of options and make recommendations to client team and client
- Keeps abreast of changing risk and insurance market conditions
- Builds and maintains relationships with carriers, underwriters and client team to provide best in class service
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top