Senior Pharmacy Consultant
. At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, developing investment strategies for retirement or delivering innovative solutions. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well.
SENIOR PHARMACY CONSULTANT
This is a tremendous opportunity to be a part of one of our fasting growing practices. The Senior Pharmacist position is a critical new addition to the Managed Pharmacy practice. This person will have significant external and internal interaction with clients, Mercer consultants and other resources with the goal of making Mercer the pre-eminent consultant regarding all issues related to pharmacy. This role will also have the opportunity to set strategic direction and create demand for new products/services in the marketplace and leads successful regional or national marketing initiatives, while leveraging the company's size and reputation to negotiate highly competitive rates and coverage options from carriers and vendors. Given the critical nature of these initiatives the person in this role will have access to key intellectual assets and substantial interaction with senior leadership.
The person in this role will be heavily involved in three functions. First they will act as the senior pharmacy advisor on a group of selected. They will coordinate strategy development including accessing required clinical, financial and other resources. Second, they will act as a Pharmacy expert on various business development efforts. Last, depending on previous experience they will assist with new solution development.
- Assess current Mercer solutions and suggest options/improvements
- Develop short/long term specialty strategy
- Review current vendor options and capabilities/complete market map
- Support review of Mercer POV on specialty management clinical criteria
- Help set the frame work for direct to Pharma pilots
- Develop other options that can set Mercer apart
- Delegate effectively to provide developmental opportunities to team members.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to direct reports and project team members
- Lead complex client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, renewal, business placement and benchmarking
- At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Back to top